Thursday, September 15, 2011

Page One: Inside The New York Times

"Page One: Inside The New York Times" was a unique experience in itself.  The film took me through a journey inside what the life of a news reporter really looks like.  David Carr was inspirational and hilarious in his unprecedented and uncensored guidance through working for the Times.  I was quite surprised at the level of engaging and interesting information that was displayed throughout this documentary.

While I was entertained by this film, I also experienced some fear and doubt about being a news writer.  The future of newspapers is unknown in our modern, technological society.  Even though many are being laid off as writers, David Carr's fervent pursuit of representing the truth through journalism really made me excited to enter into the world of news.  News is important; people need and want to know what is happening in our world and someone has to report the information.  As Jo Kadlecek, instructor of journalism at Gordon College and author of the book, A Desperate Faith, said, "Whatever makes your stomach burn, that's what you were made to do."  I have a burning passion to write and inform the people of my community, which I cannot and will not ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment